Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Summer 2006

During the summer of 2006 I will once again be traveling to Hanoi, Vietnam, most likely to attend Hanoi Teacher's Training College in order to become more competent in Vietnamese language. I will be leaving on May 19th from Los Angeles, arriving in Hanoi on the 20th, and I will depart from Hanoi on August 24th back to Los Angeles. Current accommodations are imprecise, since I will be at an educational institution that has mentioned the possibility a host family. I hope to give a full-time academic effort at the Vietnamese language, unlike last summer, which was full of leisure with T___'s family and lacked a formal rigor (which was extremely enjoyable, I should note, but I should have given a greater effort at learning the language). I will post updates as things progress. I hope to contact T___'s family in order to connect with them, because it has been a long time since we've last spoken. I must say that, even though T___ and I are no longer dating, we remain very close friends, and I do hope tremendously to see her family. I have been hesitant to write to them because I want to compose a letter in Vietnamese, but as you most likely inferred from my last post from Hanoi, my Vietnamese is mostly primitive. I am currently in the area of Boston, MA, studying full-time for a May 2007 baccalaureate degree in Economics and Mathematics. T___ is studying in Philadelphia for a May 2007 baccalaureate degree in Business Administration.